360-degree feedback definition
September 22, 2023
360-degree feedback is a method that gathers feedback about an employee’s performance from various sources like colleagues, supervisors, and subordinates. Unlike traditional feedback, which mainly comes from managers, 360-degree feedback provides a broader perspective, helping individuals understand their strengths and areas for improvement in the workplace.
What does a 360 feedback survey measure?
It measures a range of workplace competencies and behaviors. This survey provides valuable information about how others perceive an employee’s professional attributes. The survey focuses on subjective areas that contribute to effective teamwork, communication, and leadership:
- Behavioral Competencies: The survey assesses a person’s actions and conduct, including active listening, planning, and goal-setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: It evaluates how well an individual collaborates, communicates, and interacts with colleagues and team members.
- Character and Integrity: The survey gauges an individual’s ethics, honesty, and trustworthiness in professional interactions.
- Leadership Effectiveness: It measures leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate, guide, and inspire others.
- 360 Perspective: The survey captures feedback from multiple angles, offering a well-rounded view of an individual’s performance and impact.
The importance of conducting 360-degree feedback surveys
360-degree feedback surveys provide a complete picture of employee performance by collecting input from managers, peers, and clients. They help individuals understand their strengths and weaknesses, enabling targeted growth and better teamwork. Plus, transparent leadership and career clarity are promoted. Overall, these surveys contribute to an inclusive workplace culture, empowering employees to improve continuously and succeed in a competitive environment.
Turn top talent to employees fast
Hire, assess, onboard and manage top talent for every job. See how Elevatus streamlines everything; from acquire to new hire.Request a demo
Don't miss a thing!
Stay one step ahead. Subscribe and get the latest updates, news, and insights from Elevatus straight to your inbox.